- The hammer bar preacher curl is a great exercise to isolate the biceps, while minimizing the strain on your wrists, and giving the forearms a workout! Adjust the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms sit comfortably on the padding when seated.
- Load the desired weight on the barbell.
- Sit on the preacher bench and grip the hammer bar with your hands shoulder width apart using a neutral (palms facing in) grip.
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forwards, hold the bar in front of you supporting it with your arms slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Slowly lower the weight until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Always use a full range of motion for maximum results.
- Keep the reps slow and controlled, and do not "rest" by pausing at the top of the movement.