- The Guillotine Press is the same as a barbell bench except the bar is lowered to your neck. This causes the sternal head of the pectoralis major to be recruited strongly, while minimizing secondary muscle involvement.
- Set up for the Guillotine Press by loading the weight you want to use on the barbell.
- Lay down on the bench and grasp the bar with an overhand grip (palms facing forward) with your hands at wider than shoulder width. Take the bar off the rack.
- Slowly lower the bar as far as possible towards your neck.
- Pause, then raise the bar straight back up without locking the elbows at the top of the movement.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Guillotine Press Tips:
- Obviously, this exercise can be very dangerous! Use lighter weights and use a spotter!
- Lower the bar slowly and control the weight during the set.