Glute Kick Back Instructions
- Position yourself on your hands and knees on top of a flat bench.
- Keep your back straight, mid section tight and eyes facing forward.
- Take the weight off your left knee by leaning to your right slightly.
- Keeping your body fixed and rotating at the hip only, extend your knee back as high was possible while keeping your leg bent.
- Pause and squeeze the glute muscle at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the right leg.
- Keep your body fixed during the entire set. Don't twist your body as you raise your leg.
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Do not let the knee of your working leg touch the bench during the set.
- Ankle weights can be added for extra intensity.