- Set up for the flat bench cable flys by placing a flat bench in between the cables, attaching single grip handles to the low pulley on each cable, and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Grasp each handle with palms facing up and lay back on the bench.
- Bending at the elbows slightly, take the tension up. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Rotating at your shoulders only and moving your hands in a semi-circle, pull the weight up until your hands touch.
- Pause, then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Fly Tips:
- This an isolation exercise and the focus should be on stretch and contraction, not on heavy weights.
- Rotate only at the shoulders, and keep your elbows fixed throughout the movement.