- The standing EZ bar curl is a variation of the barbell curl, but using an EZ bar. Grasp an EZ bar at around shoulder width apart using a underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Stand straight up, feet together (you may be more comfortable taking one foot back for stability), back straight, and with your arms fully extended. The bar should not be touching your body.
- Keeping your eyes facing forwards, elbows tucked in at your sides, and your body completely still, slowly curl the bar up.
- Squeeze your biceps hard at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
EZ Bar Curl Tips:
- Use the EZ bar curl when you have had wrist injuries or if you feel pain in the wrists when doing barbell curls.
- Do not swing back when you curl the bar up. This is cheating.
- Keep your body fixed and elbows in at your sides throughout the movement.