- This exercise is a variation of the skullcrusher. Sit on the end of a flat bench width a barbell on your thighs.
- Grip the EZ bar on the inner grips. Bring the bar up to your chest and lay down on your back.
- Extend your arms straight up above your chest.
- Keeping your arms straight move the bar back so it is angled out past your head.
- Keeping your elbows fixed in place and not pointing out, slowly lower the bar until it is almost touching the top of your head or bench behind your head.
- Pause, and then slowly extend your arms back to the starting position.
- Do not lock your elbows out, and then repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Keep the tension on your triceps by never extending your arms fully.
- Your elbows should be pointing down and not flare out as you move the weight.