- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredExercise Ball
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball Dumbbell Kickbacks Instructions
- Set up for the exercise ball dumbbell kickbacks by grabbing a pair of dumbbells and positioning yourself kneeling in front of an exercise ball.
- Holding the dumbbells in each hand (neutral grip) lean onto the exercise ball so that it's supporting your upper body weight.
- Raise your elbows up as far as possible. Your forearms should be at right angles to the floor. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your eyes facing forwards and elbows fixed, slowly extend the arm as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the triceps.
- Then slowly lower back to the starting position without letting the dumbbells touch the exercise ball.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Exercise Ball Dumbbell Kickbacks Tips
- Keep your elbows high and fixed throughout the movement.
- The rep timing should be slow and controlled.
- Squeeze the triceps and hold for a count of 2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Do not let the dumbbells touch the exercise ball during the set.