- Assume a prone position on an incline bench with your legs and arms straight.
- Reach down and grasp each dumbbell with a neutral or pronated grip.
- Inhale and raise the arms vertically while keeping the elbows slightly bent.
- Once the arms are parallel with the floor, exhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Keep the motion under control and don’t rely on momentum.
- If you experience pain at the shoulder while performing the movement, use a neutral grip and keep your thumb pointed at the ceiling.
- Try not to bounce at the top of the movement, allow the shoulders to flex and then lower slowly.