- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredEZ Bar
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Close Grip EZ Bar Curl Instructions
- Using a close grip on the EZ Bar works the outer parts of the biceps more. Grasp an EZ Bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up). Your hands should be about 6-8 inches apart.
- Stand straight up, with your feet firmly on the floor at around shoulder width apart. You may find it more comfortable to take one foot back.
- Keeping your body completely still and eyes facing forwards, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze your biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back down.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- The EZ Bar is often preferred for close grip curls because the shape of the bar takes some of the strain off your wrists.
- When you curl the bar up, do not lean backwards! This is a form of cheating. Keep your body fixed and use your biceps to move the weight.