- The pull down bicep curl is an exercise for the biceps using a lat pull down machine. Set up by adjusting the knee pad to suit your legs and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grip the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) with your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Sit down on the bench with your arms fully extended. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your upper arms and elbows fixed, slowly curl the weight down behind your head.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- It's important to keep your upper arms pointing straight up. Don't allow your elbows to move back and forth as you curl the weight.
- Focus on only allowing your forearms to move.