- Set up for the cable tricep extension by attaching a v-bar to a high pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Keep your back straight and lean forward very slightly, grabbing the bar with an overhand grip (palms facing down) at shoulder width apart. Your thumbs should be higher than your pinky fingers.
- Keep your upper arms straight and tucked in close to your body. Your forearms should be around parallel to the floor lifting the weight slightly off the stack. This is the starting position.
- Push the bar downward moving only at your elbows. Continue pushing until your arms are fully extended. The bar may touch the front of your thighs.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly return the bar to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and eyes forward throughout the exercise.