- Set up the cable machine for the cable lower chest raise by adjusting the pulleys to the lowest point possible on both sides and attaching single grip handles.
- Set your desired weight on the weight stacks and grasp each handle with your palms facing down.
- With your arms slightly bent at the elbows, keep your chest up and eyes facing forwards. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Rotating at the shoulders only and moving your arms in a semi-circular motion, slowly bring the handles together out in front of your body at around waist height.
- Squeeze your chest and raise the handles in unison straight out in from of you to around lower-chest height.
- Lower the handles back to waist height and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Form is more important that weight on this exercise.
- Focus on getting a good chest squeeze when bringing the handles together and raising them up.
- Do not change the position of your arms throughout the movement. Focus on moving only at the shoulders.