Traps, Upper Back
- Assume a shoulder width stance with the cable running between your legs and grasp the handle with both hands using a pronated grip.
- Inhale, brace your abs, and raise the arms vertically while keeping the elbows slightly bent.
- Once the arms are parallel with the floor, slowly lower the handle back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t lean back as you raise the arms, keep the motion under control and don’t rely on momentum.
- If you experience pain at the shoulder while performing the movement, use a neutral grip and keep your thumb pointing at the ceiling.
- Try not to bounce at the top of the movement, allow the shoulders to flex and then lower slowly.