- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the cable curl by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up), and your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in by your sides, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to starting position.
- Do not pause, but go straight into the next rep!
Cable Curl Tips:
- Keep your elbows tucked in by your sides and don't allow them to come forward as you curl the weight up.
- Don't "rest" at the bottom of the movement. When you complete a rep move straight into the next rep!
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight as you lower it.