- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Cable Concentration Tricep Extension Instructions
The cable concentration tricep extension is a great exercise fur truly isolating the triceps.
- Set up for the exercise by attaching a single grip handle to a high pulley cable machine and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grab the handle with an underhand grip (palm facing up) with your right hand.
- Turn so your left side is facing the cable machine and drop your left knee to the floor.
- Your right thigh should be parallel to the floor, as it will be used as a support during the exercise.
- Position the back of your elbow (bottom of the tricep) against your inner right thigh. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your body fixed, slowly extend the arm as far as possible.
- Squeeze the tricep, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Concentration Tricep Extension Tips
- This exercise is all about stretch and contraction of the muscle - not about weight. Use a lighter weight and focus on getting the best pump by squeezing the tricep muscle hard on every rep.
- As a general rule, always work your weakest side first. For most people, this will mean working their left tricep before the right.