- Set both pulleys slightly above shoulder height and select the desired weight.
- Grasp both handles with a slightly pronated grip and take a step forward to split the stance.
- Press the handles slightly down to lockout while flexing the pecs and extending the elbows.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Maintain more tension through the pecs by not locking out the elbows entirely.
- Don’t allow the handles to collide at the top of each rep.
- If you’re feeling pain within the shoulder joint itself (specifically at the front), ensure your shoulder blades are slightly retracted and try to keep the shoulder girdle “packed”.
- Ensure you maintain some tension in your abs and don’t allow your lower back to arch excessively.