- Set up for the machine bicep curl by setting the seat height and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- When you sit on the machine your upper arms should rest comfortably on the padding. If they don't, adjust the seat.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip at around shoulder width apart.
- Bend the elbows slightly to take the weight up and place tension on the biceps.
- Slowly curl the weight up as far as possible, squeezing the biceps at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Make sure you use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to go as far as possible without hitting the stack.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and control the weight.
- If you have a training partner, the bicep machine is good for heavy negative curls.