Bench Pushups Instructions
- Bench Pushups are a great exercise for people who struggle with completing pushups on the floor. Place your hand on the edge of a bench just beyond shoulder width apart.
- Hold your torso up at arms length with your toes on the floor. This is your starting position.
- Slowly lower yourself downward until your chest nearly touches the bench.
- Squeeze your chest and slowly press your upper body back to the starting position. Pause briefly at this position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for a desired number of reps.
- Bench pushups are great for beginners, but they can also serve as a great exercise for finishing off an intense chest workout.
- The higher the bench is, the easier the pushups become.
- Keep your body straight and your spine neutrally aligned.
- Keep your head up and use full range of motion.