Lats, Shoulders, Triceps
Barbell Pullover Instructions
- Set up for the barbell pullover by grabbing a barbell and a flat bench.
- Position yourself at a 90 degree angle to the flat bench with your shoulder blades resting on the bench.
- Your feet should be positioned on the floor at wider than shoulder width, and your body should be straight.
- Hold the weight straight up, with your arms fully extended. This is the start position for the exercise.
- Without moving your body and keeping your arms straight, slowly lower the barbell behind the back of your head until your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Do not pause, and then raise the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do not bring the bar too far forward at the top of the movement. You should only come forward until your arms are facing straight up.
- Make sure you lower the bar all the way down, and don't let your arms bend at the elbows throughout the movement.