- Select the desired weight and load it onto a barbell.
- Assume a shoulder width stance and grasp the bar at shoulder width with a pronated grip.
- Inhale, brace your abs, and raise the arms vertically while keeping the elbows nearly locked out.
- Once the arms are parallel with the floor, slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t lean back as you raise the arms, keep the motion under control and don’t rely on momentum.
- Try not to bounce at the top of the movement, allow the shoulders to flex and then lower slowly.