Barbell Concentration Curl Instructions
- The barbell concentration curl is a great exercise for isolating the biceps. Grab a flat bench and sit the barbell you want to use at one end (you can also use an EZ bar).
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet slightly wider than should width apart.
- Grasp the barbell with an underhand grip (palms facing up), with your hands about 6-8 inches apart.
- Lean forward until your upper arms are touching the inside of your thighs.
- Use your thighs to hold your arms in position throughout the exercise.
- Keeping your head up, eyes facing forwards, slowly curl the barbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Concentration Curl Tips:
- Push in with your thighs throughout the set to help secure your upper arms in place.
- You should bend at the elbows only. The rest of the body should be fixed for the whole set.
- This is an isolation exercise, so the emphasis is not on how much weight you lift but how you work the muscle.
- Keep it slow and controlled, and squeeze your biceps hard at the top of the movement for the best results.