- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeWarmup
- Equipment RequiredBands
- Force TypeDynamic Stretching
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Banded Shoulder Dislocates Overview
The banded shoulder dislocates warm up drill is a warm-up exercise used to dynamically stretch the shoulders.
Warming up adequately is an important part of any workout routine, and maintaining mobility can increase the overall effectiveness of certain exercises.
Banded Shoulder Dislocates Instructions
- In a standing position, hold a band in front of you at shoulder height and keep a slight bend in the elbows.
- Rotate your arms overhead while keep tension on the band.
- When the arms reach full flexion, shrug slightly and allow the arms to continue rotating until the band passes over your head and touches your back.
- Rotate the arms back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Banded Shoulder Dislocates Tips
- Don’t allow the lower back to arch as you reach overhead.
- Only move through a pain free range of motion, never force the movement if something doesn’t feel right.
- This is a somewhat advanced movement and will take time to progress into - start with your hands as wide as possible and accept your current range of motion while slowly working to expand upon it.