- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Alternating Standing Hammer Curl Instructions
The alternating hammer curl is a great exercise for the biceps and the forearms.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand up with the dumbbells by your sides.
- With a neutral grip, bend your arms slightly to keep the tension on the biceps.
- Keeping your body fixed and elbows in at your sides, slowly curl the dumbbell up with one arm.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement for the other arm. This is one rep.
Alternating Standing Hammer Curl Tips
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.