Alternate Standing Hammer Curl Instructions
- The alternate hammer curl is a great exercise for the biceps and the forearms. Set up by grasping a set of dumbbells and standing straight up with the dumbbells by your sides.
- You should be using a neutral grip, meaning your palms are facing your body.
- Bend your arms slightly to keep the tension on the biceps.
- Keeping your body fixed and elbows in at your sides, slowly curl up the dumbbell of your weakest arm (for most people this is their left arm).
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement for the other arm. This is one rep.
- Now repeat to complete the set!
Hammer Curl Tips:
- Keep the tension on the arm that is not moving the weight. Both biceps should be tense for the entire set.
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Always work your weakest arm first.