- Set up for the exercise by setting a pair of dumbbells at the end of a flat bench.
- Pick up the dumbbells off the floor using a neutral grip (palms facing in), position the ends of the dumbbells on your thighs, and sit down on the bench.
- To get in position you need to rock back pushing the dumbbells back with your thighs and only slightly bending at the elbows.
- Now you should be in position to start the set, laying back on the bench holding the dumbbells straight up above your chest with a neutral grip.
- Slowly lower the left dumbbell down by bending only at the elbow. You will be moving in a semi-circular motion until the dumbbell is about even with your left ear. Continue to hold the right dumbbell in place.
- Pause, and then raise the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with your right arm and then repeat for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps.
- Keep your body as still as possible moving only your forearms.
- This exercise can obviously be dangerous when using heavy weight. Start with light weight until you have perfected the movement.