- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set up for the alternating incline dumbbell curl by setting the bench at a 30-45 degree incline and sitting a pair of dumbbells at the end. The lower the incline, the more challenging the exercise will be so 30 degrees is preferred.
- Sit on the bench, pick up the dumbbells, and lay back with your back flat on the padding.
- You should be holding the dumbbells with an underhand grip, palms facing up.
- Take up the slack in your arms by slightly bending them. This will put tension on the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl up the dumbbell in your weakest arm.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for your other arm, and then repeat for desired reps.
Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curl Tips
- Make sure you keep the tension on both bicep muscles throughout the entire set.
- Keep your elbow slightly bent to keep the tension on the muscle.
- You should also keep the rep timing slow and control the weight on the way down.