- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Alternate Dumbbell Reverse Fly On Incline Bench Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees.
- Grab a set of dumbbells and position yourself with your chest on the back of the bench (prone position).
- Your feet should be used for stability on the floor, your shoulders should be about level with the top of the back padding and your arms should be hanging - holding the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing one another).
- Moving only at the shoulders, raise your left arm in a semi-circular motion out to your side until your arm is parallel to the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbows throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the height of the movement and then begin slowly lowering the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for your right arm. This is one rep. Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades and pause for a moment at the top of the movement.
- Do not let the dumbbells "hang" at the bottom of the movement, but keep the tension in your arms.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.