Alternate Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by grasping a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and standing with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Bend slightly at the knees and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist. Keep your head up and your eyes facing forward.
- Each elbow should be slightly bent and the dumbbells should be directly under your chest. The dumbbells should not be touching. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the shoulder, raise your left arm in a semi-circular motion out to your side until your arm is parallel to the floor. Keep the slight bend in your elbow throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blade at the height of the movement and then begin slowly lowering the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with your right arm. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blade and pause for a moment at the top of the movement.
- Do not let the dumbbells "hang" at the bottom of the movement, but keep the tension in your arms.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulder. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.