- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredKettle Bells
- Force TypeIsometric
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
3 Month Position Kettlebell Pullover Overview
The 3 month position kettlebell pullover is an exercise used to strengthen the muscles of the abs. The exercise stems from the plank exercise family tree.
The 3 month position kettlebell pullover works as an anti-extension abdominal exercise in which you must keep the spine stable and your slowly lower the kettlebell overhead.
3 Month Position Kettlebell Pullover Instructions
- Setup in a supine position with your legs in a 90/90 position (90 degree bend at the hips and knees) and your arms reaching towards the ceiling while holding a kettlebell by the horns.
- While keeping the hips flexed, lower the kettlebell overhead as you exhale.
- Return back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of total repetitions.
3 Month Position Kettlebell Pullover Tips
- Do not hold your breath, you shouldn’t be using respiration to compensate for a lack of stability. Learn how to move while maintaining position without having to rely upon your breath.
- Move slowly but methodically. The goal is control within space, not simply completion of repetitions.
- Ensure that you exhale as the arms move overhead. The goal is to keep the ribs down and prevent the lower back from hyperextending.
- Similar to ab wheel rollouts, you may not have full range of motion initially but work with what you’ve got, then slowly increase over time.