Body Transformation: Michael Lee Dropped Body Fat & Looks Shredded!

Frustrated by a recent photo, Michael completely turned his life around in only 10 short months using a healthy diet, running and weight training.
Before Stats:
  • September 2nd, 2010
  • 22%
  • 232 lbs
  • 5'11"
After Stats:
  • June 11th, 2011
  • 12%
  • 185 lbs
  • 5'11"

Lifestyle Prior To Change

What was your lifestyle prior to your transformation?

Prior to the start of my transformation, I consumed way too much unhealthy food (fast food specifically) and hardly participated in any fitness-related activities. Prior to the start of my, I lived in MI. In July, 2010, I moved to Colorado.

The pivotal moment when I knew I had to change my lifestyle was when I took a picture at a water park. With one look at that picture, I instantly knew I had to become healthier.

Michael LeeWhat was your low point or turning point?

My lowest point was looking at that picture from the water park. As a Army veteran, I knew the importance of good health, how to get there and how to stay there. I was disappointed that I let myself drift that far from good health. From September 2, 2010 and beyond, I was determined to transform my body into an image of health and fitness.

Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?

Yes, I had several challenges and circumstances that I had to overcome. In September 2010, I had just moved to a new state, CO, started a new job, was attending college courses and was maintaining family life (I am a Husband and the Father of three small children). I also had a few health issues that I was/still am battling (asthma & a surgically repaired knee). I was able to manage all of these issues and still reach my transformation goals.

What was your transformation timeline?

• Transformation Start: September 2, 2010, Weighed 232 lbs.
  • Milestone: October 2, 2010 - Weighed 212 lbs.
  • Milestone: November 2, 2010, Weighed 206 lbs.
  • Milestone: January 2, 2011, Weighed 200 lbs.
  • Milestone: June 13, 2011, Weighed 185 lbs.
  • Transformation End: June 20, 2011.

Michael's Training And Cardio Approach

What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?

Initially I wanted to lose 30 lbs of fat through running. After I lost my first 30lbs, I then began to incorporate weight lifting into my workout plan, which helped to tone my body rather quickly. I primarily ran several times per week from Sept 2010 - Dec 2010.  I started lifting weights (while still running) from Jan 2011 - Jun 2011.

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & Abs
French Press 4 15
Planks 4 15
Friday - Back and Biceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Rope Cable Curl 4 10
Lat Pull Down 4 15

Michael LeePlease detail your cardio approach during your transformation?

Since my Army days, I’ve always enjoyed running. I believe that running is one of the most beneficial forms of exercise one can participate in.  When I run, I mix slow-long-distance, spiriting and hill runs.

Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:

1. There’s no need to go on a crash diet. Slowly change your eating habits from unhealthy to healthy.
  2. Resist the temptation of overworking your body. Take incremental steps in order to reach your fitness goals.
  3. Document your progress. This includes documenting your weight, body measurements, how much you can lift, running times/distances. As you consistently work at it, you’ll find yourself reaching all of your fitness goals.

How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?

My approach has not changed. I still try to run at least 10-15 miles per week, eat around 2000 calories per day, and lift weights 4 times per week.

Michael's Diet And Nutrition Approach

Can you provide us with a sample eating plan (please be specific):

I was easily consuming over 3000 calories per day prior to the beginning of my transformation. Instead of totally abandoning my eating habits, I instead opted to consume more fiber-based foods and less high fat food. I did not totally change my way of eating, I just incrementally started to cut back on food that I knew was unhealthy for me. Months later, I was eating healthy salads, protein shakes, fresh fruit, fiber bars and similar healthy foods.

Here are two samples of my daily meal plan:

• Breakfast - 2 Boiled Eggs/Bowl of Oatmeal
  • Lunch - Chicken Salad/Protein Shake
  • Snack - Fiber Bar/Nuts or Trail Mix
  • Dinner - Baked Chicken, Mixed Vegetables, Brown Rice
  • Breakfast - Whole Wheat Toast/Scrabbled Eggs
  • Lunch - Fresh Fruit/Chicken Wrap
  • Snack - Banana/Fiber Bar
  • Dinner - Black Beans, Tuna, Steam Veggies/Protein Shake

Michael Lee

Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?

For a couple of weeks, near the beginning of my transformation, I completely cut out nearly all carbs (both good and bad carbs) and consumed 85% protein. That factor zapped my energy, and I quickly found  that eating healthy, whole-grained based carbs/food gave me a more balanced approach to my nutrition, plus more energy.

Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:

1. Consume at least 60+ ounces of water each day.
  2. If you must eat at a restaurant, eat half of the meal there and save the rest for lunch or dinner.
  3. Prepare your meals on the weekend and pack your lunch for the week. Have a balanced mix protein and carb-based foods (fruits, veggies, whole grain).

Did you allow yourself cheat meals?

Although I did cheat (by continuing to consume the snacks that I liked), I consumed them in moderation. I slowly cut back on unhealthy foods and replaced unhealthy snacks with fruit, veggies and nuts.

What supplements did you use during your transformation?

During my transformation, I used whey protein, protein bars, multivitamins and caffeine-based energy supplements.

Advice For Others

Michael LeeWhat are your best tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?

1. Go to the doctor, get a annual checkup, and make sure you get a good idea your current picture of health.
  2. Start slow. No need to kill yourself in the beginning of your fitness journey.
  3. Watch your caloric intake. Unless you're Michael Phelps or you have time to exercise all day, it’s extremely hard to overcome a poor diet/overeating. I used a free app on my phone to track my calories, food intake and exercise.

How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?

I stay motivated because I continually monitored my fitness stats (weight, waistline, muscle tone) and was able to continually see results.  I was blessed to reach my total fitness goals in 10 months. I pushed my body to the limit and I found great enjoyment in seeing results.

More From Michael Lee

What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?

My life is wonderful. I am an avid 5k-10k runner (I have participated in several races in this year). Running is so liberating to me.

I also am helping many of my family and friends become healthier though sharing my fitness journey and helpful tips.

What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?

Reading stories of other people who turned their health and fitness around keeps me motivated. My family keeps me motivated as well. They have attended all of my races, and they also go with me to the gym. I plan to be at all the great moments in their lives of my family and what better way to ensure that than to be physically fit.

Anything else you would like to share?

Progress is positive, no matter how small it may seem. My best advice to anyone is to continue to challenge one’s self, keep working hard, document your fitness journey and take time celebrate your fitness success.

How can people contact you?

I can be reached at:

Related Transformations View all Male Transformations

Combat Powder

Advanced Time Release Protein Feeds Muscles For 8 Hours!*

4.6
Pure Whey Protein Isolate

Unbelievably Great Tasting Micro-Filtered Pure Whey Protein Isolate!

Phillip Schlueter
Posted Mon, 08/15/2011 - 21:10

Michael, awesome transformation. I can only imagine your future goals. Honestly I don't think you are at 12% bodyfat but if you are when you get yourself in single digits you are going to be even more ripped! Congrats man! Keep up the great work! Phil

Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 00:11

Thanks Phillip! I appreciate the positive feedback. Depending on how active I am, my body fat percentage range from 10-12% (I always opt for the higher number). I don't focus too much on numbers, but focus on looking lean, cut and ripped. I love fitness and am always striving to look better, feel better.

butch
Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 10:40

First off, AMAZING JOB!!!!! transformations like yours are true motivators! I am looking for that same motivation for my diet. I love lifting and going to the gym but i just cant find the discipline to stay true to a good diet (watching what i eat). I also have 3 small children and find it sometimes hard to make something enjoyable for all of us to eat that is healthy and eventually lead to falling off. great job and hope you keep on pushing closer to your goals!

Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 15:57

Thanks Butch. I am so thankful to have a family that was very understanding of the time and dedication it took for me to complete my transformation. I spent many early mornings and late nights running and exercising. I owe a lot of my success to my family and their willingness(or tolerance) to support me throughout this process. I hope that you keep pushing and stay motivated as well.

Regards

Nirmal Ranjan De
Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 11:13

simply awesome...!!!!

Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 15:58

Thank you Nirmal!

Brian
Posted Tue, 08/16/2011 - 17:49

Michael, you said you did nothing but run from Sep 2010 to Dec 2010, did you lose strength and muscle? I need to lose about 20lbs of body fat, and am thinking of taking that same approach, but worried I won't have any definition.

Posted Wed, 08/17/2011 - 09:52

Hi Brian,

Once you lose 20lbs of fat, the muscles underneath (whether toned or untoned) will begin to be seen. Toning will give those muscles definition. It is my experience that toning up takes a much shorter amount of time than losing fat. So, if I were you, I would not worry about the lack on not toning up initially. Your toning phase will progress relatively quickly once you make it through the fat loss phase. If you are deeply worried about definition, you can perform body weight-type exercises (pushups, crunches, dips, etc.)while in your fat loss phase in order to start gaining strength, muscle tone and endurance.

Regards

Darrell
Posted Wed, 08/17/2011 - 06:49

This story is awesome, ive lost around 48lbs since last year, now weighing in at around 88kg just need abit of a push in the right direction to start getting muscular e.t.c what would be the right supplements to take?

Posted Wed, 08/17/2011 - 12:09

Thanks Darrell. My favorite supplements are GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (kinda pricey, but should give you great results if taken while weight training), multivitamins and fish oil. I also eat various types/brands of protein bars, as snacks between meals. But, consult with your physician before starting any fat loss/weight training program or before trying new supplements.

-Michael lee

saurabh chandan
Posted Fri, 08/19/2011 - 03:55

out of the world , maintaining a family , job , new city and children . truly mind blowing . REALLY motivating

Posted Fri, 08/19/2011 - 16:23

Thanks Saurabh,

I hope that my story inspires everyone who reads it to reach and exceed the fitness goals they've set for themselves.

Larry Chmiel
Posted Fri, 08/19/2011 - 23:57

Michael,
What great achievements in all the aspects of your life-family, new job, education, and an amazing transformation of losing the excess weight and achieving a bodybuilders physique!
You are truly a role model for all young people in this country who want to have a future.
As with many, I have to lose 40 pounds of excess weight as demanded by my doctor. No help from him except saying diet and exercise.
I really like your Diet as it seems practical and your weight routine with respect to sets and reps is both practical and realistic.
I can't run because of physical limitations. I can only get about 2.5 mph walking on my treadmill which has an incline.
What would you recommend as far as a walking program that would help me lose the excess weight.
I would follow your Diet Plan and Weight Routine at the same time I would incorporate a walking program.
Thank you for your consideration!
Larry

Posted Sat, 08/20/2011 - 15:31

Hi Larry,

Thank you for such kind and admirable comments. One of the most beautiful aspects about life is that you can start from wherever you are, set a goal, make a plan to reach that goal, and live life seeking to accomplish that goal. So, it doesn't matter if you start walking 2.5 mph or 5 mph, it's all about getting started now and working toward the end result. Too many people start their fitness journey at a fast past, and they eventually burn themselves out. My approach is relatively simple (slow and steady wins the race). You can start your walks at 2.5 mph, then every other week, either increase your speed by .1 mph, increase the overall time you walk, or increase your distance. The human body adjust well to change overtime, so it's crucial to find your which specific factor challenges your body. Find a way to challenge yourself each week using each of those three factors and you'll reach your fitness goals sooner than you think.

Ian Morrissey
Posted Wed, 08/24/2011 - 07:36

Hi Michael,

First of all i have to say well done for achieving what you have in such a short matter of time. I to am at that stage where i have just seen a picture of myself and am now looking to change my whole life style. Reading your article has given me that motivation and given me the conficence that the change is possible.
I am looking to start the same way you did by running from now until the new year, where i will then introduce weights into the program. I am just wondering what running program you used? and if the diet plan you have already mentioned in your article is also the one you used when you started the fitness program? Help in this matter would be very helpful

Regards
Ian

Posted Wed, 08/24/2011 - 20:43

Hi Ian,

Thank you for interest in my story and workout routine.

I create my own running program. I focused on running x amount of miles per week, and varied each of those runs between several types. I went from running a few miles per week to up to 15 miles per week. Here is a sample my weekly running schedule:

Mon - Run 3 miles/30 min's (6 mph on the treadmill)
Tue - Rest
Wed - 2 miles (200 meter sprints on the track)
Thu - Rest
Fri - 5-6 mile run (slow tempo)
Sat - Rest
Sun - 3 mile run (fast tempo w/ hills, either outside or on the treadmill)

Yes, the diet plan I mentioned is very close to the one I used at the beginning. I ate tons of fiber ( via fiber snack bars, fiber drinks, and high fiber carbs), because it helped my digestive system stay regular and gave me tons of energy for my runs.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your fitness journey!

Stephan
Posted Wed, 08/24/2011 - 17:13

sooo...no squats or any other leg exercises?

Posted Thu, 08/25/2011 - 08:30

Hi Stephan.

Correct, I have never been able to squat and continuously run. I believed I have squatted less than 10 times in my whole life! Squatting is so taxing on my body that it prevents me from running the next day. Running/Sprinting keeps my legs very toned so I am fortunate to skip squatting for now.

I may incorporate squatting in my workout plan more in the winter, when my running slows down a bit. I love challenging my body and incorporating squatting with the amount of running I do will surely be a challenge.

Kenny
Posted Wed, 08/24/2011 - 22:58

Great Transformation! Very Motivating for me!
Did it help you to run to lose excess fat first, then start the weight training? Or did it have any effect on where you are now? I am almost your exact dimensions before you started and I am just starting myself and looking for advice.

Thanks and looks like you have a great new Life, you should be proud.

Posted Thu, 08/25/2011 - 10:14

Hi Kenny,

Yes, it was absolutely beneficial for me to lose excess fat first, then shift my focus on muscle gaining and toning. Losing fat and gaining muscle, at the same time, was quite too complex for me, so I basically just separated the two.

Regarding running, I relieve that everyone can't/don't like to run, but there are other forms of cardio that one can do in order to burn a high number of calories in a short amount of time, like biking, elliptical, poly-metrics and more.

Best of luck to you and your fitness journey.

Jerome
Posted Fri, 08/26/2011 - 18:57

ML! Mannnn...you are doin' it!! Totally awesome transformation bruh!! Well, as for me, my biggest problem is staying motivated. I do really good for a while then, I tank something fierce. But reading stories like yours really helps me to get my tired butt back on track. Thanks for inspiring me man!!

Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 11:14

Hi Jerome,

Thank you. I really appreciate all of the positive feedback. Staying motivated is partially seeing results and partially staying focused on the end goal. I find music (like the soundtrack to the Rocky movies) very motivating, especially during times when I don't necessarily feel like working out. Keep moving forward, search for things/people to help motivate you and you'll reach your goals!

omar Hobeika
Posted Sun, 08/28/2011 - 19:07

Hi Michael,

How do you do 15 reps of plank? I thought plank is done by time where you lean on your elbows and time yourself.

Thanks,

Omar

Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 11:23

Hi Omar,

There are many variations of planks that you can perform. These variations include the traditional timed (30 sec to 1 min) planks, side plank with backside reaches, planks with feet on a bench, exercise ball plank and many, many more.

My favorite plank is side plank with backside reaches (4 sets (2 sets on each side) 15 reps each). Here is a link to several plank exercise videos, as well as other ab exercises.

Daniel
Posted Mon, 09/05/2011 - 11:06

Hi Michael,

This is very motivational thanks for posting this up. I was wondering if you could provide a bit more detail about your nutrition i.e. how many grams of chicken did you eat and were your meals small portions?

Thanks for the inspiration to get me started on my own transformation!

Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 11:35

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your supportive comments. I try to keep every aspect of my fitness plan (both meals and workouts) as simple as possible. When I eat a meal, I usually do not measure anything. I know that a cup of anything is something that can fit in the palm of my hand. The chicken that I eat usually measures out to 2 ounce breast fillets (which I found on the packaging label). I usually eat 2-6 ounces of chicken/turkey/or tuna for lunch and dinner (tons of protein).

Yes, I try to eat small portions, but more often than the traditional 3 times per day. Small portions more often usually helps fight my need to snack on unhealthy food.

Daniel
Posted Fri, 09/09/2011 - 19:59

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the info its very useful! Is that 2-6 oz of protein per meal or both lunch and dinner put together? And did your diet change much i.e. more protein when you started to lift weights? Sorry I am new to the nutrition side of things!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Daniel

Posted Thu, 09/22/2011 - 11:06

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I usually eat 2-6 oz of high protein meat (Chicken, Turkey, Fish) for lunch and dinner. Yes, when I started lifting weights starting January 2011, I also began to take a protein supplement.

donahue johnson
Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 02:59

Excellent job, Michael,
I started my program in January. I started out at 236 lbs on Jan 1 and now i'm at 204. I'm working to get to where you are. I'm 48 so a bit older but I love what you did with your self and it has definitely kept me motivated.

thanks,,Donahue

Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 11:38

Hi Donahue,

Thank you for commenting. Anything is possible with a little hard work and daily, incremental steps towards your goal. Every step and action you take will bring you one step closer. Keep up the good work!

Hussain
Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 10:44

Hi , what time is the best time of the day to follow this program .

Posted Thu, 09/08/2011 - 17:17

Hi Hussain,

I have not found any scientific evidence that exercising at a certain time of the day is better than a different time of the day. My personal experience is that doing cardio/running early in the morning is effective mentally because it sets one's "fitness mindset' for the rest of the day. I usually lift weights @ noon or late in the PM. I hope this helps.

Hussain
Posted Fri, 09/09/2011 - 01:16

Thank u, lee. I will try that way.

Posted Tue, 09/13/2011 - 13:14

You're welcome!

Marshall B.
Posted Mon, 09/12/2011 - 07:11

Hey Michael,
Great job! I love the fact you want to motivate others to good health. It was refreshing to read your story and see a good balance between being proud of the results of hard work and humlity. Too often we forget how blessed we are when we have the ability to train and be healthy. Keep up the good work and God bless!
Marshall

Posted Tue, 09/13/2011 - 13:14

Hi Marshall,

Thank you for such gracious words. Yes, I am certainly the product of various sources of inspiration (both internal and external). My family was extremely supportive throughout this process. I know that the relatively quick results of my fitness journey would not have been possible if my life was out of balance. I am very thankful to be an environment that was conducive to me successfully meeting my fitness goals.

omar hobeika
Posted Thu, 09/22/2011 - 09:19

Hi Michael,
Do you maintain the same program week month after month or do you change it occasionally? I read that we should change ever 4-6 weeks. I am confused. Please advice.

Posted Thu, 09/22/2011 - 15:32

Yes, the fundamental core of my exercise program relatively remains the same (which consists of weekly running and weight lighting). Although I do like to mix in cross training (basketball, elliptical, biking, etc.), I usually don't venture far from my core workouts. But, you must find out what works for you, what you enjoy, what challenges you, which, in my opinion, is the beauty one's fitness journey. It's all about the discovery process.

omar hobeika
Posted Thu, 09/22/2011 - 11:05

Hi Michael,
Do you ever change the program? I have been reading that we suppost to change weight lifting routines every 4 to 6 weeks. I get so confuseed with all the ideas out there. Your advice is much appreciated.

Omar

Posted Thu, 09/22/2011 - 15:47

Hi Omar,

No, my program has not changed. I just found ways to challenge myself, within my program. You can challenge yourself several ways. One of the best ways is using a pyramid-based approach to weighlifting. An example of this would be to lift a certain weight 12 times, then move up 5-10 pounds, lift that 10 times, move up 5-10 more pounds and lift that 8 times. If you do this a couple times per week, and every other week, start with a heavier weight, you'll be strong than, bigger than when you started. This type of approach can also be applied to bicep curls, shoulders, squats and more, as opposed to the traditional 3 sets of 10.

Marcus Sconiers
Posted Sun, 09/25/2011 - 11:26

Hello Michael
I have been so greatly inspired by your transformation. I know now that achieving my goal of losing this spare tire is not impossible. I have been following all of your recomendations to a tee, and included my own leg workout into it for a quicker return. I am so determined to make this work for me. I do use supplements, but the only supplements I use are the Animal Foundation products and I have to say that this combination of supplements has truly helped me stay on course.

I am combining cardio and weigh training together along with eating some of your breakfast lunch and dinner examples for more variety. Thanks God I stumbled upon this. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. I leave this page up on my PC so that it the the first thing I see when I get to work in the morning. If it seems as if this email is all over the place, I apologize, I just couldn't wait to tell you that within a week of starting my transformation routine as you have outlined, people are already noticing the difference in my physiche. "Hey Marcus you lost weight." Yes... I have....

Thanks again, God bless you for being in the right place for me and so many others.

Marcus Barton-Sconiers

Posted Thu, 09/29/2011 - 11:18

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that I have helped to inspire you to continue your fitness journey. It sounds like you are well on your to reaching your fitness goals in no time. There are tons of fitness plans out there and I am honored that you have chosen to implement my suggestions and examples. I am an advocate of doing whatever works (which may or may not include things that I do). Congrats to you on your success thus far. Keep us posted on your continued success!

Marcus Sconiers
Posted Thu, 09/29/2011 - 12:47

Michael,
I promise to keep up the good work. Thanks for the encouragement.
Marcus Sconiers

Aus
Posted Tue, 09/27/2011 - 17:14

Hey Michael,

this is a very good blueprint for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing it with us. what was your bf% after your initial round of losing 30 lbs of fat?

Posted Thu, 09/29/2011 - 11:12

Hi Aus,

I believe my body fat percentage was down to 16-17% prior to me starting my weightlifting phase. Once I starting lifting weights, my muscles really started to show, especially my abs.

Larry Chmiel
Posted Mon, 10/03/2011 - 11:59

Hi Michael,
I sent an email earlier but with a different email address.
I have about 40lbs of fat to lose but I also need to gain some strength and muscle. It may be too much to do both at the beginning. Recovering from both may be difficult.
Should I still concentrate on losing the fat first?
Because I can't run but only fast walk should I walk every day or have a day of rest inbetween walking sessions? I may need to walk everyday or twice a day to get to the mileage that you did. What do you think?
Also, would sweet potatoes be a good substitute for rice and beans that you have in your meals?
Thanks for your consideration!
Larry

Posted Wed, 10/05/2011 - 12:01

Hi Larry,

Yes, my approach to fitness is to focus on fat loss (primarily through cardio-based workouts), then immediately follow it up with toning, via weight training. If I were you, I'd walk 5 days, and rest 2 days. I'd do that for a couple of weeks, then start to incorporate walking 2 x per day for a couple of those 5 days. It is important to find a way to challenge yourself, through slightly increasing either your frequency or intensity. Above that, you have to listen to your body. Walk as frequent as your body will allow without hurting yourself. You may also want to consider biking or swimming as a cardio-workout alternative.

Yes, sweet potatoes are a great alternative to rice and beans. Just try not to load up that sweet potato with sugar and butter! Read more about some of the great benefits of Sweet Potatoes in the link below:

Joe
Posted Mon, 10/03/2011 - 14:24

Hi Michael,

Iwas looking at your workout there. Did you not find your muscles getting sore and not being able to train the next day or did you just take the protein shake and work on through the muscle pain? I would just assume that the pain would eventually go away??

Joe

Posted Wed, 10/05/2011 - 12:09

Hi Joe,

The protein supplement that I take has Glutamine in it, which is a highly effective amino acid which helps the body recover from intense workouts. The first couple of weeks of participating in any new exercise program will come with a certain level of soreness, and maybe even some slight pain/discomfort. But, if you can make it through those first couple of weeks of consistent workouts, and eat properly/take your supplements/get rest/drink plenty of water, then pain should vanish.

Above all, consult with your doctor before starting any new program or taking any new supplements. Be safe.

Zaid
Posted Wed, 10/05/2011 - 06:55

Hi Michael,

Great transformation! I like that your diet is so practical as well. I was wondering what your typical ab workout is? This is the area I struggle with the most. I am trying to bulk up more than lose weight, but I find my stomach is growing more than staying toned!

Thanks,