- 1½ lbs of lean ground beef
- 6 oz. whole wheat lasanga noodles
- 2.5 cups Hunts traditional spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen spinach (cooked as directed and drain excess water)
- 8 egg whites
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
This recipe submitted by Vicki Ahlstrom.
Great thing about this is that you can add or substitute a lot of the ingredients to make it just a little different each time. I know it's not one of those super pretty lasagnas where the cook carefully layers each ingredient, but it's still wonderful!
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Boil noodles as directed by package.
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray and spread a few tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Lay down ½ of the noodles and top with half of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Layer with the rest of the noodles and top with the other half of the mixture.
- Lastly, put the fat free cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.