Cable Tricep Extension With Rope Video Guide3.4 5 20
- Set up for the cable tricep extension or pushdown with rope by attaching a rope to a high pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Keep your back straight and lean forward very slightly, grabbing the rope with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) at shoulder width apart.
- Keep your upper arms straight and tucked in close to your body. Your forearms should be around parallel to the floor lifting the weight slightly off the stack. This is the starting position.
- Push the rope downward moving only at your elbows. Continue pushing until your arms are fully extended and each side of the rope is down beside your thighs.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly return the weight to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and eyes forward throughout the exercise.