High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Video Guide4.4 5 5
- Set up for the high overhead tricep extension by attaching a rope to a high pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Facing away from the pulley, grab the rope behind your neck with a neutral grip (palms facing in) keeping your hands close together.
- Bend over at the waist until your torso is almost parallel to the floor. This will lift the weight slightly from the stack.
- You can stagger your feet and bend slightly at the knees to help with balance.
- Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor at this point and you should be grasping the rope behind your head. You are now in the starting position.
- Moving only at your elbow joints slowly push the rope out in from of your body until your arms are fully extended. As you push, spread the rope until your hands are around shoulder width apart at the peak of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly bring the rope back to the starting position allowing your hands to reunite.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.