Incline Push Ups Video Guide4.2 5 16
- Shoulders, Triceps
- Incline Pushups are a great exercise for adding extra intensity to regular pushups on the floor. Place your feet on the edge of a bench and your hands on the floor just beyond shoulder width apart.
- Hold your torso up at arms length with your toes on the bench. This is your starting position.
- Slowly lower yourself downward until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Squeeze your chest and slowly press your upper body back to the starting position.
- Pause briefly at this position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for a desired number of reps.
- Bench pushups are great for beginners, but they can also serve as a great exercise for finishing off an intense chest workout.
- The higher the bench is, the tougher the pushups become.
- Keep your body straight and your spine neutrally aligned.
- Keep your head up and use full range of motion.