Push Up Video Guide3.3 5 45
- The push up is one of the first exercises ever done to build strength and muscle! Kneel down on the floor and place your hands on the floor in front of you at around shoulder width apart. They should be around 36 inches apart.
- Now take your knees off the floor and step back with your feet until your legs are outstretched and your toes are on the floor. Your body should be straight from head to toe. This is the starting position for the push up.
- Keeping your body straight, slowly lower your torso as low as possible without touching the floor.
- Pause, the raise back to the starting position. Do not lock your elbows out!
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't let your body sag in the middle during the set. Keep your mid-section tense!
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the body to get as close to the floor as possible without touching it.
- Use slow rep timing.