One Arm Dumbbell Row Video Guide3.4 5 110
- Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
- Set up for the one arm dumbbell row by grabbing a flat bench and sitting a dumbbell on the left hand side at one end.
- Position yourself on the left side of the bench with your right knee and right hand resting on the bench.
- Using a neutral grip, pick up the dumbbell with your left hand. Pull your shoulder blade back while keeping your arm straight. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly pull the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze your shoulder blades together, and then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat for your other side.
- Keep your head up and eyes facing forwards, as this will keep your back straight.
- Your shoulder blades shoulder be pulled back throughout the set.
- Do not let the working shoulder drop down at the bottom of the movement. Keep your entire torso fixed!
- Pull the weight straight up while keeping your elbow tucked in.
- Focus on pulling the weight up with your back muscles and not your forearm.