Dumbbell Flys Video Guide3.7 5 78
- Grasp a set of dumbbells and sit on the end of a flat bench with the dumbbells resting on your thighs.
- Lay back on the bench and extend your arms out, holding the dumbbells above your body with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). The dumbbells should not be touching. Keep your feet planted on the floor for balance. Bend your arms slightly. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells out to your sides in a semi-circle. Rotate at the shoulders only, keep your arms slightly bent.
- Once the dumbbells get about level with your chest, squeeze the chest muscles and raise the dumbbells back up using the same path of motion (semi circle) as you did on the way down.
- Without letting the dumbbells touch, slowly lower them again.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Dumbbell Fly Tips:
- This exercise should be done slowly, focusing on the stretch and contraction of the pectoral muscles.
- Don't pause or let the dumbbells touch at the top of the exercise.
- Use a full range of motion by lowering the dumbbells as far as comfortably possible.
- Always use a wide semi circle motion when doing this exercise, and don't allow the dumbbells to come too close to the body.