Chest Dip Video Guide3.7 5 40
- Shoulders, Triceps
- The chest dip is an awesome mass builder for the chest, shoulders and triceps. Grasp the dip bars with your palms facing in. If you can adjust the width of the bars, adjust them to slightly outside shoulder width to emphasize the chest more in the exercise.
- Jump up and take your bodyweight.
- Cross your legs at the ankles and lean forward. This is your starting poition.
- Keeping your elbows in, slowly lower your body until your shoulders are about level with your elbows.
- Pause, then push back up to the starting position. Don't lock out your elbows.
- Now repeat the movement for the desired amount of reps.
Chest Dip Tips:
- There's no need to dip down too far. When your shoulders are level with your elbows it puts unnecessary strain on your shoulder joints.
- Lean forward to emphasize your chest in this movement. The straighter your body is, the more your triceps will be involved.