Cable Crunch Video Guide3.6 5 20
- Attach the rope attachment to a high pulley cable and set the appropriate weight on the stack.
- Stand directly in front of the cable machine, facing away from it.
- Grasp the rope from behind your head with your palms facing inward and drop to your knees.
- Your buttocks should be resting on top of your feet. Keeping your elbows bent and hands at either head height or shoulder height, crunch down as far as possible.
- Pause, then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
Cable Crunch Tips:
- This exercise works best when done slowly with perfect form.
- Your buttocks should stay touching your heels at all times.
- Focus on crunching the abs in, not pivoting at the hips.
- As you increase weight it may be more comfortable to rest the rope on your shoulders.
- Don't choose a weight so heavy that your lower back handles most of the resistance.