- 2009 6th place in WBFF World Championships 2009 (Canada)
- 2009 7th place in WBFF Alberta Championships 2009 (Canada)
- 2009 6th place in WBFF BC Championships 2009 (Canada)
- 2009 1st place in WNSO Fame West 2009 (Canada)
- 2008 2nd place in WNSO Fame West 2008 (Canada)
Tell us about your background?
Vanny Vay was born in Macau, Hong Kong, but raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Up until 2 years ago, Vanny was working as an accountant and living an unhealthy lifestyle. Because of her poor health, she was rejected as a kidney donor for her sister. This was Vanny Vay's wake up call. Soon after that, Vanny began training at a local gym. The changes to her body were immediate. With a new found energy and strength, Vanny Vay felt empowered, and had finally found her calling in life.
What are some of your professional achievements?
- 2009 - Inside Fitness Magazine Featured Fitness Elegance Athlete
- 2009 - FAME Professional Athlete Status (FAME Bikini Beauty)
- 2009 - Featured Diva for the World BodyBuilding and Fitness Federation. www.wbffshows.com/athletes/divas/vanny-vay
What is your training schedule?
Vanny Vay trains with weights 5 days a week, generally hitting the iron during the afternoon. When she is preparing for a competition, Vanny performs cardio twice a day, once in the morning, and once in the evening.
Nutrition And Supplementation
Give us a typical day in your diet (off season):
During the off-season, Vanny Vay's eats 6 small meals per day, allowing herself carbs in the morning, and in the early afternoon meal. No evening carbs.
- Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 fruit (lately 1/2 cup blue berries)
- Meal 2: 1 egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 vegetable (1 cup spinach)
- Meal 3: 3oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Meal 4: 4oz chicken breast, 1 vegetable (lately 1 cup green beans)
- Meal 5: Meal replacement shake
- Meal 6: 6oz white cod, 1 vegetable (1 cup asparagus), 1 fruit (1/2 of a grapefruit)
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
Advice For Others
What are the best tips you'd give to women thinking about competing in figure?
Vanny Vay has faced personal adversity, and firmly believes that any woman can overcome any bad life circumstance with the positive power of fitness and exercise.
What keeps you motivated?
Vanny keeps a "vision board" at home that she looks at regularly. The vision board contains an Oxygen magazine cover, and reminds her of her dreams and goals.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
WBFF World Championships.
What would you like to achieve in your figure career?
Vanny Vay wants to continue competing and placing in fitness competitions. It is her goal to capture the attention of sponsors, so that she can elevate her promotion of the healthy, fitness lifestyle.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?