Weighted Crunch Video Guide4 5 4
- Set up for the weighted crunch by placing a mat on the floor and placing a bench (or something else to rest your feet under) at one end.
- Lay down on the mat and put your feet under the support.
- Put your weight plate on your chest and cross your arms over to hold it in place.
- Crunching in the stomach, pull your shoulder blades off the floor as far as possible.
- Pause, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- You do not need to move your entire back off the floor as you would in a sit up.
- Pull in at your stomach, and just take your shoulder blades up. Only about 1/2 your back should leave the mat.
- Hold movement at the top for added intensity.
- A light weight should be used to start with. As your abs become stronger, increase the weight for added benefit.