Single Leg Curl Video Guide3.3 5 7
- Set up for the single leg curl by selecting the weight you want to use on the stack and adjusting the padding to suit your leg length.
- Lay face down on the machine. The padding should be positioned just above the back of your ankles. If it's higher than that, adjust the length.
- Tense up the hamstrings by taking the weight slightly off the stack. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Squeeze the hamstrings and curl the weight up as far as possible using your left leg only.
- Squeeze the hamstring hard, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat with your right leg.
- Common mistakes with the leg curl are; moving the weight up and down too fast and not using a full range of motion.
- Always control the weight throughout the set. Don't use momentum to move the weight up, and don't allow it to drop back down quickly.
- Always use a full range of motion by curling the weight up as far as possible and lowering it as far as possible without the weight dropping on the stack.