Seated High Cable Row Video Guide3 5 1
- Biceps, Lats
- The high seated row is a great exercise for hitting the upper back and traps. Grab a flat bench and position it in front of a cable machine.
- Attach a rope extension to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit down on the bench facing the cable machine with your feet and knees together.
- Grasp the rope extension from below with a neutral grip (thumbs facing inwards).
- Sit straight up with your shoulders back and arms fully extended. This is the starting position.
- Slowly pull the rope up towards your upper chest.
- At the top of the movement, part the rope so that your hands are almost touching your shoulders.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Squeeze your shoulders together at the top of the movement.
- Only your arms should move in this exercise. Focus on keeping the rest of your body as still as possible.