Seated Dumbbell Curl Video Guide3.8 5 22
- Set up for the seated dumbbell curl by grabbing a flat bench or adjustable bench and placing a set of dumbbells at one end. If you're using an adjustable bench, adjust the back to a 90 degree angle.
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet out in front of you and your knees together.
- Pick the dumbbells up off the floor and let them hang by your sides with your palms facing up.
- Bend the arms slightly to take up the tension in the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your back straight and your elbows tucked in at your sides, slowly curl both dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps hard, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Dumbbell Curl Tips:
- Keep your elbows locked in at your sides.
- Focus on only allowing your forearms to move.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set - don't let the weight drop down quickly.