Lying Tricep Extension (Skullcrusher) Video Guide3.3 5 49
- The lying tricep extension (AKA skullcrusher) is one of the best tricep building exercises there is. Sit on the end of a flat bench with a barbell on your thighs.
- Grip the barbell with an overhand grip (Palms facing down) with your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Bring the bar up to your chest and lay down on your back. Extend your arms straight up above your chest.
- Keeping your elbows fixed in place and not pointing out, slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch from your forehead (hence the name skullcrusher!).
- Pause, and then slowly extend your arms back to the starting position.
- Do not lock your elbows out, and then repeat for desired reps.
- It's very important that you keep your elbows in during the set. Your elbows will have a tendency to flare out as you move the weight, and you must keep them pointing forward.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.
- And finally, don't lock your elbows out at the top of the movement. This will take the tension off the triceps.