- Set up for the exercise by placing a mat on the floor and laying down on your back.
- Your hands should be straight down by your sides, with your palms on the floor. You will use your hands for stability.
- Keeping your legs straight and knees together, lift your heels about 6 inches off the floor. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your left leg still and straight, pull your right knee as far up as possible. Pause, then extend right leg back to starting position.
- Repeat this movement with your left leg. One knee raise on each leg equals one rep.
- Repeat movement for desired reps.
Lying Knee Raise Tips:
- Keep the movements slow throughout the exercises for maximum benefit.