Plank Video Guide3.4 5 29
- Lower Back
- The Plank is a stationary exercise that helps strengthen the entire core of the body. Set up for the plank by getting a mat and laying down on your stomach.
- To start the exercise prop your torso up on your elbows and your feet up on your toes.
- Keeping yourself completely straight, hold this position for as long as possible.
- Typically, the plank is done for 3 x 1 minute sets. However, as you get stronger your should be able to do 1 - 3 minutes.
- Do not let your mid section sag in the middle. You need to keep yourself straight at all times.
- Do this exercise in front of a mirror to make sure you are not letting your technique slip.
- Raise an arm or a leg to increase intensity.