Chin Up Video Guide3.7 5 26
- Biceps, Forearms, Middle Back
- Chin ups are a great exercise to hit the back and biceps. The underhand grip means the biceps are involved much more than in during a pull up. Grip a chin up bar using an underhand grip with your hands about 6-10 inches apart.
- Lower your body down so that you're hanging from the bar. This is the starting position.
- Slowly pull yourself up until your chin is above the bar, and then lower right back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Chin Up Tips:
- To get the most out of the chin up, do it slowly and use a full range of motion.
- Control the movement. Don't let yourself drop too fast or swing your body to help yourself to get all the way up.
- This exercise can be made easier by using a chair or a spotter for assistance.