Lifestyle Prior To Change
What was your lifestyle like prior to your transformation?
I’m a computer engineer, so my lifestyle is pretty bad. Sitting all day in a chair, really bad diet, chocolate shakes, burgers, pizza, and pork.
What was your low point or turning point?
When I saw myself wearing size 36 Levi’s jeans I was shocked that I got to this point. I used to be size 32 at the most.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
The diet was really difficult to keep up. People around me eating burgers, pizza, and all kind of greasy foods. It wasn’t easy to get rid of that habit.
Please provide a timeline including when you started the transformation, and include major milestones along the way:
- Transformation Start: August 2010.
- Milestone: August 2010, my first goal was to lower my body fat percentage, my belly was an awful thing to wear, I lost all my clothe, jeans, t-shirts, etc, so I had to buy new clothes almost 36’ in jeans and XL t-shirts.
- Milestone: May 2011, after I lost almost 20 pounds I found myself a little bit skinny so I started to workout in an actual gym, to pack some muscles.
- Milestone: October 2011, after 5 months in the gym I realize I really like to workout, I started to learn more about my routines, and till now looking forward for a shredded body.
- Transformation End: November 2011.
Francisco's Training Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
In the first year I could only manage to do power walks and some abs exercises. After a year, I started to hit the gym and see my real gains.
Please add a workout that worked best for you:
- Monday - Hamstrings and Calves
- Tuesday - Chest, Back and Forearms
- Wednesday - Biceps, Triceps and Calves
- Thursday - Quadriceps
- Friday - Abs and Calves
Notes: I switch between exercises and reps every week.
- Week 1 - 10 to 12 reps
- Week 2 - 6 to 8 reps
This allow my body from guessing and keep doing changes.
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
HIIT is the best after you achieve certain physical condition. Don’t rush into HIIT if you’re not prepare for the pain.
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Go slow and controlled.
- Calves slow controlled, change sets, reps, positions and exercises otherwise you won’t see changes.
- Don’t cheat in the gym or outside the gym.
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
Since the beginning I have certainly improved my training skills, such as rep timing and form!
Francisco's Diet And Supplement Plan
What was your diet/nutrition approach during your transformation?
Not much of a diet, I just tried to eat clean. No sauce, no saturated fat.
Can you give an example of what your daily meal plan looks like?
- Meal#1: Pancakes, 100 grams oatmeal, 5 egg whites, raisins, vanilla essence, nuts.
- Meal#2: Green apple, blueberries.
- Meal#3: Chicken breast, rice, avocados, green salad.
- Meal#4: 50 grams peanuts, almonds.
- Meal#5: Chicken breast, huge green salad.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Oatmeal for breakfast is a must.
- Lean chicken breast is the best to get lean.
- Stop eating bread.
Did you allow yourself cheat meals?
Yes, Sunday barbecues and sometimes morning dark chocolate.
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
Advice For Others
What are your best 3 tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- It will be hard, results won’t happen right away.
- Be patient. Wait at least 3 months to see big results.
- Be consistent with your diet, after you achieve your goals you’ll be able to cheat sometimes.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?
Do it now, later will be too late.
Your Life Now
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
Excellent! Activities such as cleaning the house are so much easier, no back pain.
What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?
Set new goals all the time, keep changing your routines, even add new sports or activities.
How can people contact you?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org