Recommended for you
Please select an item from the list above to view nutrition information.
Servings Per Container: 90
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
As an herbal dietary supplement intended for adults, take one (1) capsule daily with a meal or as recommended by a health care professional. Do not exceed more than two (2) capsules daily.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 or those with a medical condition. Do not use if pregnant, lactating or contemplating becoming pregnant. Consult a physician before use. Do not use if you have high blood pressure, heart problems or have been diagnosed with kidney disease. Athletes who engage in intense, regular exercise should consume at least 120 oz of water per day. Drink an additional 16 oz of water for each pound of weight lost during exercise. If you are under the care of a physician, please consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place and avoid excessive heat.
Tribulus Terrestris Extract
- Support Natural Testosterone Production*
- Increase Lean Muscle Naturally*
- Support LH Production*
Tribulus terrestris is a vine plant that is native to temperate climates in areas of Southern Europe, Southern Asia, Australia, and Africa. It has a long history of uses, from promoting muscle development to supporting overall health. Tribulus has been suggested to stimulate levels of testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH), while simultaneously supporting energy levels, recovery time, and muscle gain. This effect is claimed to be mediated via steroidal saponins within the Tribulus, which allegedly block central testosterone receptors. The active compound in Tribulus is the saponin, protodioscin, which is similar in structure to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).*
Many clinical studies involving Tribulus terrestris consumption in humans have produced equivocal results in regards to the effects it has on testosterone and LH levels. Regardless, Tribulus terrestris has been advocated to promote optimal hormonal levels that can potentially establish the anabolic environment necessary for muscle gain and development.*
- Brown, GA, Vukovich, MS, Reifenrath, TA, et al. (2000). Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men. Int J Vitamin Nutr Res. 10: 340-59.
- Brown, GA, Vukovich, MD, Martini, ER, et al. (2001). Effects of androstenedione-herbal supplementation on serum sex hormone concentrations in 30- to 59-year-old men. Int J Vitamin Nutr Res. 71: 293-301.
- Gauthaman, K, Adaikan, PG, Prasad, RN (2002). Aphrodisiac properties of Tribulus terrestris extract (protodioscin) in normal and castrated rats. Life Sci. 71: 1385-96.
- Gauthaman, K, Ganesan, AP (2008). The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction--an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat. Phytomedicine. 15: 44-54.
- Rogerson, S, Riches, CJ, Jennings, C, et al. (2007). The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestric supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players. J Strength Cond Res. 21: 348-53.
- THEXTON.COM.AU. TribulusThe masculinity maker. Available at: http://www.thexton.com.au/index1.php?alias_articles&artid_380&temp_lib. Accessed August 10, 2005