- Set the pulleys of a dual cable machine to the low setting and select the weight you wish to use.
- Stand facing away from the machine and grasp the left handle with your right hand, and right handle with your left hand.
- Stand straight up with your arms in front of you (crossed over). The weight should be slightly off the stack. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Keeping your elbows high, extend your arms out in a semi-circle motion.
- Once your hands get to around shoulder height, pause and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- As this is an isolation movement, form is more important that weight.
- Keep the delts under strain by using strict form.
- Keep your elbows high throughout the movement.
- Don't flare your hands up as you move the weight as this will bring the front delts into the exercise.